Preamble

The name of this blog comes from my friend Rob, a fine painter, who suggested that "The dip 'n; flick technique" (as in dip the mini in housepaint & flick off any excess paint) describes my painting style.

Thanks for that Rob :)

My minis are mostly done to sell, so this will be pretty much the only record of the models I've made and painted; I hope you enjoy looking through them.

Mike

Friday 13 May 2011

WIP: Bust of Commissioner Croe

Just some base coating so far, GW Tallarn Flesh, undiluted GW Ogryn Flesh wash, highlight of Tallarn through to Vallejo Dark Flesh (not a very dark tone at all really).

The slate grey is Vallejo Black - a very flat and matte black - lightened with GW Mordian Blue. Not sure what the base colour for the reds will be. Maybe GW Mechrite Red, maybe the Vallejo Red..



Above is the partial picture of Croe from the front of the 2002 Forgeworld Catalogue on which I'm basing the colour scheme. The scan has not brought out the green in the wreath on his cap, it comes out slightly better in the leaves on his sash, they're just to the right of his medals. I can't, at the moment, find a good picture of Croe in that colour scheme. I love the relections in the peak of his cap and the rather grim forcefulness the artist has drawn out of the sculpt of the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment