Preamble

The name of this blog comes from my friend Rob, a fine painter, who suggested that "The dip 'n; flick technique" (as in dip the mini in housepaint & flick off any excess paint) describes my painting style.

Thanks for that Rob :)

My minis are mostly done to sell, so this will be pretty much the only record of the models I've made and painted; I hope you enjoy looking through them.

Mike

Monday 28 February 2011

Forgeworld Khorne Daemon Prince's Herald

Painting Little Mr Happy here for Jamie (thx Jamie) and, no surprise, it's a pleasure to work on and paint. The FW resin miniatures are so detailed you just grin every time you look at them and of very high quality - what tiny casting defect bubbles are left in the resin are easily filled.

There was only one in this case really, on the end of the sword

Here he is anyway.



See what I mean about the detail? It's 28mm scale, which means that the partially dismembered male human figure would be 28mm tall is standing - and if he weren't dismembered of course.

First thing was to disassemble and green stuff any bubbles and seams.

Ok, green stuff then, under the arms and behind the ears.


And then a little to avoid BBS (Builder's Bum Syndrome)

And he's ready for Spraying with Skull White.


Looking at that pic makes me a little uncomfortable about picking him up again, nasty little guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment