Preamble

The name of this blog comes from my friend Rob, a fine painter, who suggested that "The dip 'n; flick technique" (as in dip the mini in housepaint & flick off any excess paint) describes my painting style.

Thanks for that Rob :)

My minis are mostly done to sell, so this will be pretty much the only record of the models I've made and painted; I hope you enjoy looking through them.

Mike

Monday 14 February 2011

Prince Althran on Griffon

Started work on Prince Althran and his Griffio, great fun. High Elves have such a clean colour scheme and (sad of me I know)


So far then:

  • cleaned, built, filled and primed (skull white)
  • elf flesh on the prince's face
  • washed the griffon with, appropriately enough, Gryphonne Sepia
  • layered burnished and shining gold on the armour
  • mordian blue on the cloak
  • shadow grey on the pennant
  • started thinking about highlights...

No comments:

Post a Comment